Weber compatibilitys

builte

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have the 'Electro -Injection' throttle body EFI? It's on the Z24i. Has two wingnuts holding the air filter on? If yes the manifold isn't compatible with the Weber adapter. You would need an earlier '83 and up Z24 intake. Also a low pressure fuel pump of 3-4 PSI. The EFI one is more like 40. The distributor is also a CAS (crank angle sensor) I'm also not sure how the ignition will work without the sensors on the now removed throttle body will set the advance.

Otherwise if you have a Z24 and not the Z24i the '85.5 intake probably will work.

10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Do you have the 'Electro -Injection' throttle body EFI? It's on the Z24i. Has two wingnuts holding the air filter on? If yes the manifold isn't compatible with the Weber adapter. You would need an earlier '83 and up Z24 intake. Also a low pressure fuel pump of 3-4 PSI. The EFI one is more like 40. The distributor is also a CAS (crank angle sensor) I'm also not sure how the ignition will work without the sensors on the now removed throttle body will set the advance.

Otherwise if you have a Z24 and not the Z24i the '85.5 intake probably will work.

It does not have two wingnuts

You should put your location in your profile.

All California carburetors changed to the ECC or electronic feedback carburetor. These had a solenoid jet in the primary that vibrated open and closed at a rate set by a control box and monitored by an O2 sensor to keep the fuel mix near stiochiometric. A kind of crossover between carburetor and EFI. Federal got just a carburetor. After April '85 there was a fuel injection throttle body option.

I have a Z24 with a regular carburetor and the base bolt pattern is not rectangular but trapezoid. The two studs near the secondary and wider apart than the two near the primary. 

The intake for this has strangely shaped holes for the secondary. They are not just round like earlier carburetors.

Can you post a picture? of carburetor?

18 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Z24i has the round 6 pin connector at the back. You said Weber  doesn't have a kit for it. I think they do.

If they do which one should I get I don't wanna spend 400$ dollars only for it to not fit lol 

Yup. I said Z24i sorry that's wrong it's still just a carburetor and a Z24. That makes it a ECC electronic controlled carburetor or Feedback carb and also the O2 sensor in the exhaust.

The Z24i was EFI throttle body on April '85 and the half year '86 models. I guess it was optional? everywhere but definitely all California models would have had it.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Yup. I said Z24i sorry that's wrong it's still just a carburetor and a Z24. That makes it a ECC electronic controlled carburetor or Feedback carb and also the O2 sensor in the exhaust.

The Z24i was EFI throttle body on April '85 and the half year '86 models. I guess it was optional? everywhere but definitely all California models would have had it.

Does this mean there isn't a compatible Weber for my truck I'm happy to know it's a simpler carb but I'd still like to convert if possible 

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The EFI throttle body, now turns out to be a rare find.  Only by my experience, even in California, I've only seen it on 1986 4x4's with the EFI throttle body.  

5 hours ago, 720_Jeff said:

The EFI throttle body, now turns out to be a rare find.  Only by my experience, even in California, I've only seen it on 1986 4x4's with the EFI throttle body.  

I've seen 2 or three in Illinois at a show never new they were any different till now 

14 hours ago, Steve Austin said:

The older the more confusing, mine's the crossover between datsun and Nissan, mine also has specific parts for that year only, such as the drag link 

The more you know the more confusing it gets 😂