OEM Oil filter for 86 Z24

matrophy

Decided to buy an oil filter from my friendly Nissan dealer. After what seemed like way too long of hunting and pecking on their computer, they found one and brought it to me. I paid for it and left and in the back of my mind something was telling me to check that this is the correct filter for my 5/1985 720 with a carbureted Z24 given their body language and avoidance of eye contact.

The part number of the one they gave me is 1520855Y0A. Neither the outside of the package or google confirm that this is the correct oil filter but I guess it's possible that it would be correct.

Anyone have a cross-reference that confirms or not that this is the correct filter?

I'm thinking that it's supposed to be 15208W1106 based on what google says.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, 720_Jeff said:

Probably, either is fine, bet the actual filter wasn't in stock and they wanted to make sure you didn't go out the door empty handed.

https://www.nissanpartsusa.com/oem-parts/nissan-oil-filter-15208w1106

https://www.nissanpartsusa.com/oem-parts/nissan-oil-filter-1520855y0a

They want over 24 bucks to ship to me.Courtey Nissan charges 8.95 to ship.Wix are better filters.They

are 12.99 at Oreillys.Get your oil at Walmart.Castrol 10W30.Return your used oil at the auto part store.