What tire size should I run.. I bought 15x10 wheels on my 620 flatbed I'ma slam it

Joey

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all never buy rims and tires and then try to make them fit. Love can make you do crazy things. The rim offset will determine if rim and tire are too far in and hitting the suspension or too far out and the body coming down on them on bumps or rubbing on turns. You need to know this first.

The stock tire is, I think, 26" diameter* so you want a 15" tire with that diameter and a width that doesn't rub anything. Assuming you were either lucky or you did some research and the rim fits the wheel wells then...

205/65R15 is 26" and 8" wide

230/60R15 is 26" and 9" wide

255/50R15 is 26" and 10" wide 

* keep the stock wheel diameter and the speedometer remains accurate and the acceleration performance unchanged.

The wheel he bought shows a 4" backspacing. On a 10" wide wheel, that's over 6" of wheel past center-line (wheel backspacing measures the lip of the rim too). This is what's called a heavy negative offset. I hate negative offset because of what it does to the wheels bearings and the scrub radius. My builds are obviously different than what @Joey is going for so I'm not going to bash him for his style taste, but I will warn that unless the front steering and suspension are in absolutely perfect condition, death wobble may be a consideration with such a wide wheel and negative offset. That said, I'd keep the tires small to reduce the rotating mass associated with death wobble.

33 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Why does he need a tire of the same diameter? He's obviously going the custom route.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

* keep the stock wheel diameter and the speedometer remains accurate and the acceleration performance unchanged.

3 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I'd run 35x12.50s on them, but you may want a hellufresh look instead.

wat????? I thought he said he was slamming it in the title. The tires definitely have to fit.

I had 4" body lift and about a foot of suspension lift to get 33" under my 620. This included a Toyota SAS and F-150 re arched leaf springs on all four corners.

WfUbXXp.jpg

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I was kidding.   

Eye Roll Roll My Eyes GIF - Eye Roll Roll My Eyes Eyes Rolling - Discover &  Share GIFs OHHHH

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

And besides, guys and gals cut their bodies to fit tires these days.

The Little Dutch Boy Dam About To Burst GIF - The Little Dutch Boy Dam  About To Burst Dam Burst - Discover & Share GIFs

• datzenmike changed the title to What tire size should I run.. I bought 15x10 wheels on my 620 flatbed I'ma slam it
On 5/6/2023 at 6:08 AM, Joey said:

Yea I'm going completely different and custom and just gonna use it for weekends cruise and put my bike on top of it .

Nice flat tray mate!  Beauty is you can fit some wide wheels back there!!! I'm in the same boat.  PO put on 265's I think on 8 inch rims still haven't had them off to check.  Next on the to do list.