Window and door seals 86 king cab

Treycookies

I was given an 86 720 king cab as a “learn to work on cars” project. It’s in pretty rough condition and I’d like to stop the water leaks in the cab before I dive under the hood. Pretty much every piece of rubber is cracked or missing pieces. Door, window, and rear window seals are all shot. Should I go for a full out replacement of all of the seals and weather stripping? If so Is there a good universal fit weather stripping that y’all like? If not should I just caulk up what I can until I get the engine running?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others have already said, look at the problems that will get/keep the vehicle moving, then work on those other problems.  

I'd suggest, using what ever you have handy to seal those other problems in the mean time, to keep them from getting any worse.  Tape or what ever.  Seal it up as you can, address the actual problems of making the vehicle a viable vehicle, and then work on those other problems while keeping them from making a worse situation.