Carpet difference between years? 82-86

musichoard

Hi, I have an 83 and many sites are selling 84-86 cut pile carpets. Rockauto has seemingly direct fit, but at 2x my anticipated cost. Is there a difference between the years before it goes to hardbody style? I have scissors and a hole punch...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQWCM4P/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thea08b2-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07VQWCM4P&linkId=fc5cbd4fb0950bf2095965b1f7bcc9cc

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I replaced my long ago and Ebay's history does not go that far back.Where the doors are will be a little long,which is okay.I put Dynamat under it to deaden the noise.Plus,if you spill something,it won't get to the metal floor and cause rust.I have a bad habit of spilling.I sit my coffee cup next to the 4x4 shifter and passenger seat.But I do have a shampoo carpet cleaner.I will get new carpet soon.Stay away from black.Mine had it in there and I changed to gray.I got rid of most of the black on the inside.It gets real humid in Georgia.After my truck sits in the sun at work.It is real hot.Even put gray carpet over my black dash and got rid of the black on my door panels.Not hot any more.Also the side's and back are gray.I put the carpet in way back when I put a new heater core in,it goes under the core.Now I don't have a screwed up Nissan heater core no more,yay.It seems that the 720 Nissan carpet is different by the years.80-83 and 84-85 and 86,As you know,their are 2 types of 86.Glad I don't have that year.I think but not sure but I may have put two way tape in the middle where the hump is to make it fit down.We have some bad ass reinforce 2 way tape at work that they use when they splice the aluminum together when a roll runs out.My boss let me have some rolls that they throw away cause they are to short to use to make splices.It comes from Germany,not China.The name is Tesa.The reason they use it is cause it goes in chemical baths and won't come apart.Made of materials that has no reaction to the chemicals.Certain stuff can't be used cause of this,like what ever has silicone can't be on the process line anywhere.Can'tuse WD-40.They use other lubricate.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

$160ish for carpet, not bad.  with free shipping.  Shipping to California looks like $50 from any of the other vendors.

Bad part about Amazon, although looks like you wouldn't be purchasing the 'extras' is that just one selection from Amazon.  From the other wises, thicker backing or maybe a better material.