Datsun b210 rear taillight conversion into a sunny excellient advice

Retro Wave

hello again, I am trying to find info on how can i change my Datsun b210 into something unique/special. I searched online and seen a picture of a Datsun b210 BUT the taillights are from a sunny excellent. I thought that looked so cool that i was thinking how hard would it be to convert a U.S. '76 Datsun b210 into a sunny excellent. Any advice or tips i would greatly appreciate it.

If you have a picture of a datsun b210 without the JDM taillights on the car so that i can study the entrances of each taillight hole because the U.S. Datsun b210 have the smaller taillight holes

someone mentioned that you need a whole new rear body panel to actual fit these lights but he wasnt too clear in how is it different than a b210 stock rear body panel beside bigger taillight holes which looks that way as well but my concern is if the panel has additional body lines that i dont know/ cant see behind the panel center cover

any pictures or advice  will be very helpful 

not mine picture but it looks very cool dont you think? i would like to view/see behind the center cover and the taillights holes just to compare to a USA made datsun

1764669910_Screenshot(1246).thumb.png.222c926ea8dc9e4c2a46ff280c2371f1.png

Edited by Retro Wave
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually have a full set of these lights and center body panel that I looked into fitting on my 4dr years ago (not for sale).

As far as I could tell there were no odd body lines, just much much bigger holes for the bodies of the lights themselves. As my body panels are relatively clean I didn't feel like cutting that much metal.

That tail light panel was also used on the Sunny 1400 GL or PB210 which is the L14 powered version, also had a different lengthened front end and hood. 

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=PB210

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1

@Dguy210oh ok that sounds like great news to hear about no addition body lines hidden behind the panel. now my concern is the taillight holes and finding a suitable set of Sunny GL taillights with their housings. 

@datzenmike I deff. love the hatchback but sadly they are super hard to find in the east coast. i also love the rocket bunny look more cause it makes i look like a funky 1970s Japanese spaceship but the standard looks cool too. I have the 4 dr b210 and a 2 dr b210 and a Datsun 510 which i would like to "spice" them up a bit in the looks department (not that they aren't cool enough already) with options that weren't available here in the states.  similar to the MoPar crowd with all those options for the slant six; which i also have 1 mopar as well 

2 hours ago, Retro Wave said:

@Dguy210oh ok that sounds like great news to hear about no addition body lines hidden behind the panel. now my concern is the taillight holes and finding a suitable set of Sunny GL taillights with their housings. 

@datzenmike I deff. love the hatchback but sadly they are super hard to find in the east coast. i also love the rocket bunny look more cause it makes i look like a funky 1970s Japanese spaceship but the standard looks cool too. I have the 4 dr b210 and a 2 dr b210 and a Datsun 510 which i would like to "spice" them up a bit in the looks department (not that they aren't cool enough already) with options that weren't available here in the states.  similar to the MoPar crowd with all those options for the slant six; which i also have 1 mopar as well 

The easiest non-common update for a B210 sedan is the tail light center panel. Not that expensive or too hard to find (lot for sale in Malaysia etc...). Bolts right on and you move the license plate down, might need to go with a new license plate light though. 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.cuTassZMDSSLBL4I13jufgHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=92a35cd392b16659278069a4ccbff8577c4975b82a13a35020666cca94deb790&ipo=images

330084044_564417202287243_1511084764095782134_n.jpg

For the front there are a few different grilles available. The less common styles can be obtained from Australia at times (such as the fish gill one here).

image.thumb.jpeg.fefc4aae865510bf757fd56fb467a8f3.jpeg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Thanks 1

@Dguy210 as much as i love that look as well, i have it on the 2 door both the grille and back panel. lots of people compliment the little car with its performance look. i think it makes it look slightly menacing like those RX2/3/4

i wanted something "1970s funky" on the 4 door because not alot of normal people like 4 doors but i don't mind cause the body is still cute looking (sorry for my embarrassing description of my datsy but i couldn't describe it any other way :) )

those sunny gl taillights look like rockets from an old school anime or a mecha robot like Gundam, zambot 3, combattler V or Mazinger Z  (yes im an old geek)

I acquire the taillights last night and waiting for them to be shipped out to me but i am missing one of the inner housing - the right hand side. i need to post on here later if anyone has one available or if they know where can i shop for one. 

Edited by Retro Wave
  • Like 1