Datsun 720 weber 32/36 mounting

I’m at a loss for words here because I can’t seem to figure how to mount my new carb. YouTube videos seem to look like i was supposed to be sent two adapter plates but i was only sent the one. This is my second Weber 32/36 k646 kit for my 1985 Nissan 720 rwd. Im at a cry for help! Is there a mounting plate and an adapter plate if so where do I get the adapter plate because I have bought 3 of the same one

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6tdjmQT.jpgHere is my setup on my Weber,The picture you see is when I replaced all my Gaskets on 7/23/2022.The part under the top gasket came with the Weber.The part under the next gasket is what comes with the truck when you bought it.But I ran across it one day and bought it and decided to have a extra just in case. Does your's look like this..There's also another gasket under that part.3 gaskets total.What it look's like without the gasket on it.In time this is what your gasket's will look like.And what it look's like when gaskets are replaced and all cleaned up.It don't take long for it to get nasty.Guess what,It is getting gas stains on the outside again,where the gaskets are,but I have a boat load of gaskets.Had my 720  for 28 years and never ever had a problem with a pvc valve,never had one go bad,but have replaced before,just to be replacing.I have replace the pvc hose and clamp.Here is a picture when I bought my Redline Weber and what came with it.Back in 2016,when I put this Redline Weber on,Iwas replacing a North American Weber which had the black choke on it,Also had the idle cut off solenoid,which I put on the Redline.Mine will not run with out it.Here are both of them stacked on top of each other.The two studs on the right,you will need to use lock tite at the bottom where it meets the plate to keep it from moving when you install the 2 nuts to tighten down the carb.The 3rd picture with the fuel pressure gauge is what it look's like after the stock carb is removed,without the Weber plate,the 2 studs are what is from the black choke Weber.The blue wire goes to the choke and red wire goes to the idle cut off solenoid.UXl9tNL.jpgTKCbR5r.jpg

100_9692.jpg

100_8961.jpg

100_8925.jpg

100_8899.jpg

100_9716.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • 2 months later...
On 2/11/2023 at 1:17 PM, johnyyy said:

I understand your frustration with mounting your new carburetor. The Weber 32/36 kit should come with all the necessary components to mount the carburetor, including an adapter plate if required.

If you are missing an adapter plate, you can try contacting the supplier or manufacturer of the kit to see if they can provide one for you. They may have accidentally omitted it from your kit or may be able to send it to you for a fee.

If that is not possible, you may be able to find an adapter plate from another manufacturer that is compatible with your kit. You can also consider reaching out to automotive forums or online communities for help and advice. Some of these communities may have group members who have successfully mounted similar carburetors and can provide guidance on how to do so.

Your advice suggests that the first step should be to contact the supplier or manufacturer of the kit to see if they can provide the missing adapter plate or sell one to you. Additionally, you suggest that you can explore alternative options, such as finding an adapter plate from another manufacturer that is compatible with the kit or seeking guidance from automotive forums or online communities.