NL 320 Engine Choices

kentodd

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Except the Iron Duke was only 2.5 liters and not 3.8 and wasn't half of anything V8.

I do recall there was some V8 parts interchange. I built a few "back in the day". (I feel like there should be a slang for back in the day).

It was half a V8, and it was designed as such.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/2/2023 at 11:22 AM, zeke5551 said:

I don't know where you live in Canada, but I'm on the Oregon Coast. I have a core A14 and a good B210 auto trans that I'm not using. I even have a low milage A14 that I might get rid of if I can find a good 1.6L Suzuki/Geo tracker engine. I also have been trying to find a modern eng/trans for my 320NL. What I came up with is a 1.9 TDI Jetta engine adapted to a toyota 5 speed. Not the cheapest way to go, but almost no modifications to the firewall. They are really popular with the Samari folks, very short and make a ton of torque, 45 mpg is a norm. Also a Samari or Tracker engine fits. The Tracker is 1.6L and you can find the mult-port FI 16 valve motors that are great runners, but you have to fight off the Samari guys for them. I found out about the Suzuki engines  when I bought a Morris Minor convertible with a Samari engine in it. The A series Datsun engine are about the only modern engine that will fit in a Morris Minor just like the 320s

I am in Canby Oregon. Do you still have the A14 and Auto Trans?

• 4 weeks later...

I thought about EV swapping, but the range just isn't what I need. I need a minimum range of 200 miles without a recharge. I talked to EV West and a couple others and for $20,000 you might get a 140 mile range.....just didn't make sense for my project 

• Like 1