Fuel Flooding Carb

TakemuraShuu

Hello everyone, I have a 76 B210 with an A14, Weber 36/36, stock NOS mechanical fuel pump, Adjustable FPR, and Fuel pressure gauge.

With the engine running fuel pressure looks to be around 2.5-3psi, even though I have the FPR set to 0.5psi. Seems the carb is getting too much fuel because if empty all the fuel out of the carb, then place the fuel line back on, the car will run for maybe 20-30 seconds then gradually bog till it dies due to it getting to much fuel. Any ideas?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the air filter off and look down the insides of the carburetor when it starts to quit. Do you see gas over flowing into it? That would be flooding. Make sure it IS flooding first.

If flooding...

Float may be stuck in the down position and not shutting off the fuel from the pump.

Some floats are hollow and can leak. They fill with gas and no longer float.

The inlet needle valve may have dirt or debris caught in it and it can't close properly and it over fills.

Webers, specially older ones, are sensitive to too high fuel pressure. Around 2 is best.

16 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Take the air filter off and look down the insides of the carburetor when it starts to quit. Do you see gas over flowing into it? That would be flooding. Make sure it IS flooding first.

If flooding...

Float may be stuck in the down position and not shutting off the fuel from the pump.

Some floats are hollow and can leak. They fill with gas and no longer float.

The inlet needle valve may have dirt or debris caught in it and it can't close properly and it over fills.

Webers, specially older ones, are sensitive to too high fuel pressure. Around 2 is best.

Hey thanks for the reply. Yes I looked into the carb when it starts to die and I do see fuel overflowing into it.

What's strange is this is the second carburetor I've tried and getting the same results. This 36/36 is near new, I tried a brand new 38/38 before this one and same results.

I'll take it off and give it a look. Would it make sense to go twin dcoe's to compensate for the extra fuel? Or is it more than likely a carburetor issue?

All carbs over flow? They can't all be bad. Too much fuel pressure.

FPR set to 0.5 and getting 2.5-3..... something not right. If that's the lowest you can go try another FPR. Try for no more than 2 PSI fuel pressure.