Popcorn

Hey.  How's it going?  Long time, no see.

So I took some time off of this, ostensibly to save up some money such that I could pay a guy to do the things I am not so good at.  Like all the welding that needs to be done. Stuck the truck on the 4 post lift and then proceeded to store a bunch of stuff under the truck.  Saved up a lot of money, and then gave it to the government.  Decided I was going to have to do a lot of the welding myself.  Borrowed a welder, practiced a small bit, ran out of gas.  Bought a new big tank of gas, practiced a small bit, discovered I bought the wrong gas.  Got the small tank refilled, practiced a small bit, ran out of wire.  Finally got everything lined up and got enough practice to feel reasonably confident in my work.  Then I made the motor mounts.  My welds look like ass.  I may have to go back, grind them out, and redo them.  Once I get some more practice.  You tube videos make it look easy.

Here are some pictures of the motor mounts.  I also cut out the inner fenders so that I can redo them to tie in the shock towers.  I also made some room up front for the Ford  radiator.

image.jpeg.779b1ae472ed3a51dbbc495ab3e125da.jpeg

image.jpeg.dfdc3239b02acb77322526c909df3d1e.jpeg

image.jpeg.669ea526d609a9318123f7f9038a5061.jpeg

image.jpeg.2b0f6c9e0b27800c78eef54e10277c7f.jpeg

image.jpeg.20f11d04aaa173f7ef5e8dbe533c3004.jpeg

image.jpeg.2dc6bc7171954be78f6fa3c661abb6bb.jpeg

Next week I will start on the inner fenders.  I will be paying a friend to build the cage.  That requires more skills than I will ever have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking for a second bed for parts.  I have found several close to me, but they are all Cali emissions and have the "extended" wheel well. I want the federal version.  Are they the same, but with the added cover?