Dashboard removal

Payco

Guys. My Speedo cable has dropped off the back of my dash and both the green lights that light up when indicating on the dash have failed. I’m guessing it’s connections or new bulb time. How much of a ball ache is it to remove the dash to get to the back of the instrument panel ? And does anyone have a procedure I can follow that they are happy to share. What’s the feedback from owners who have done this ?. 

Thanks everyone 

M

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The later Coupes have a single gauge panel that can be removed by removing just a few screws.

I never used it, but I used to have one of those gauge panels.  I know there's one on the side facing the drivers door, a couple of screws underneath along the front edge of the dash, and there are a couple inside the tach and speedo pods.  The entire dash shouldn't need to come out.

I would also recommend removing the two clam shell plastic pieces around the steering column.

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, Duncan said:

The later Coupes have a single gauge panel that can be removed by removing just a few screws.

I never used it, but I used to have one of those gauge panels.  I know there's one on the side facing the drivers door, a couple of screws underneath along the front edge of the dash, and there are a couple inside the tach and speedo pods.  The entire dash shouldn't need to come out.

I would also recommend removing the two clam shell plastic pieces around the steering column.

thanks guys.

16 hours ago, Draker said:

You should be able to repair this without pulling the dash. Just reach up there and pull the lights. Speedo cable can be connected too.

I know some guys could do this with the gauges in situ.  Either my wagon was weird, or I have big-ass hands. 

I could never get the speedo cable installed with the panel fully in the dash. Again, I may be the only one that had this problem..

• Like 1