85 720 2.4 oil change.

Thomas Perkins

You think gas is high,wait till you change your oil.I went to O'Reilly's  and got a Wix 5151 oil filter, it is with tax 14.04,use to be 9 bucks,I went to Walmart and got 5 quarts of 10W30 Castrol for 26.47 with tax,use to be 19.00 bucks.Time to impeach ole man Biden.Donald had everything stable.Things will change in 2024.We are still Red here in Georgia...Tax here is 9 cent on the dollar.But we can tote a gun without a permit...Save money,use a 357,only takes one bullet...and take no prisoners..That's why Barney fife only had one bullet...I painted Barney...Also that bench behind him...

100_6258.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been at least a decade and a half since I could do a $10 oil change. 

I remember back in the early 00's having sales at Oreilly's and stuff where you get 4qts and a filter for $10 for store brand, or $15 for the primo stuff. 4qt Valvoline jugs were only about $10 by themselves.  

Make sure you get an oil with high ZDDP anti scuff levels over 1,000 PPM. Chevron Delo 400, Shell Rotella T4 in 10w30 or even 15w40 if in southern hot states will supply this. They are both a 'light' diesel oil. There are others. Over the counter oils marked for 'racing' or 'flat tappet' engines are also good. Not a fan of synthetic in older engines. Not worth the expense and not needed on older design engines that have no problem with cold start up oil flow. Not like new engines with smaller bearings. 

• Like 1