Can I use this?

jerryt

I purchased a new slave cylinder for my transmission. But there are a few differences between the new one and old one. The new one is shorter in length then the old one. And the old one has a solid dowel. Where the new one is longer and threaded on one end. My question is can I use the solid dowel in the new master slave cylinder? The transmission lever does not have hole drilled thru it. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The solid push rod is shorter then other dowel. The new one has a threaded end. My transmission lever doesn’t have a hole for the threaded dowel. I didn’t know they made a transmission without a hole in the lever. But when I put the shorter solid dowel it seems to make contact on the lever and the clutch slave cylinder 

thanks

jerry

You guys just gave me an idea for the clutch slave on my racing Sprite. There's not a lot of room between the slave and the body on a Sprite and I wonder if the bolt spacing on the Datsun slave is the same. If so, I could use the Datsun truck slave cylinder. Could one of you guys measure the bolt centers for me?

Apologies for the thread jack...