Loose ignition switch

Arifaeth

Hey, so on my 69 521, the ignition switch internals are very loose, like the key doesn't go in and unlock the tumbler, it just sits in there, and I can wiggle it up and down, further than the key is thick, can I get the internals of the tumbler fixed? Or is it just time for a new switch? Cause I've also gotta redo both door locks, and I can turn the ignition switch with a screwdriver 😂

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, datzenmike said:

Do them all if doing the doors anyway.

Alright, any idea of what type/a good cheap set I can get? I figured I'll do the ignition switch, and then when I get the new locks at some point, I'll just take them down to my local lock place and have then rekey it to match the ignition key

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Do them all if doing the doors anyway.

2 hours ago, Arifaeth said:

Alright, any idea of what type/a good cheap set I can get? I figured I'll do the ignition switch, and then when I get the new locks at some point, I'll just take them down to my local lock place and have then rekey it to match the ignition key

I guess I could technically just throw it onto a cheap ass twin switch ignition till I can afford to spend the money on nice door locks and ignition set.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arifaeth said:

Cheap and antique Datsun parts do not happen!!!  LOL

• Like 1