connecting rod HELP

robert.davis

The motor rebuilder jacked up my rods and i need news cant find them anywhere does anyone know where i can get a new set are the ka24 and z24 the same? Heard the blocks are the same just the headed were diffrent in which case could i use hardbody/d21 rods? Need them semi- quick 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not the same but in some cases you could swap them. Z24 rods are beefier and heavier than the KA, not that that would be a problem.

The KA24E from the S13 240sx are fully floating rods with the small end bushed and the piston pin loose and able to spin inside. The pistons have a groove in the piston pin boss for C clips to peep the pin from working their way sideways and into the cylinder wall. These would not work on the Z24 without cutting these notches in the Z24 pistons and inserting C clips.

The KA24E rods from the D21 Hardbody have press in piston pins same as the Z24 so these would work as they are.

Something you might want to check is the width of the rod small end. The KA rod will have to be at least the same or smaller than the Z24.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, robert.davis said:

The motor rebuilder jacked up my rods and i need news cant find them anywhere does anyone know where i can get a new set are the ka24 and z24 the same? Heard the blocks are the same just the headed were diffrent in which case could i use hardbody/d21 rods? Need them semi- quick 

That builder should replace the rods he damaged.  Not sure I would want that builder finishing the build.