flashers staying lit and do not flash

Toxic2597

Hello all,

I am having some flasher issues and at this point I have no idea what the issue could be anymore. I am not sure when this issue started at this point as I have just dealt with it as I have been in an area that the cops don't care if you use your flasher or not. but I am getting sick of it myself.

The hazard flasher flashes the blinkers like normal. the regular turn signals stay on and do not flash at all just a solid light. I have replaced the hazard flasher switch on the truck with a known good one and this made no difference so I refurbed mine and put it back in. replaced the flasher relay with several new ones and they all did the same thing bei9ng that the left turn signal would flash like normal and the right one would stay on but be extremely dim. ordered a NOS original Flasher relay and the turn signal light stuck on issue remains the same across the original flashers. replaced all bulbs with new ones and am still receiving the same issue no matter with LED or Halogen bulbs

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn signals are load dependent. They need at least two bulbs, one front and one rear per side to flash. One working bulb won't draw enough current for the flasher unit to work.  

Turn the 4 ways on and get out and look at the brightness of the flash on all four corners. If L&R fronts and the L&R rears are equal then replace the turn signal flasher unit.

If one side has a dim or inoperative bulb, replace the bulb and the turn signal should start working again.

• Like 2

Turn signals and 4-ways are a mess in these trucks.  FYI for LED bulbs you can now buy solid-state flashers that don't need a load to flash properly.  Anyway, I bypassed the OEM hazard switch and made my own using diodes and a 4P2T switch, the writeup is on here somewhere.

• Like 4

update: tried a new flasher and they are still staying lit but dimmer now? tester the 4 way unit again it it does not seem to like the new one anymore so ill go back to the old one tomorrow and see what happens. It may be a while for another update as I am moving on Thursday 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 7:42 PM, MaddieCycle said:

Found the thread.  It is a pain in the ass to do but totally bypasses the nightmare OEM situation, and has worked for me now for 8 months with no issues.

thank you for that! I will most likely upgrade to this in the future once my dream is more so a reality for this truck. For now it looks like it was the flasher units. switched to electronic ones and everything is working peachy! must be my thick skull but I forgot everything got switched to LEDs earlier on in getting my lights working. Thanks all for those who have put in on this post as it really helps

• Like 2