Hooking up my parking brake cable

77-620-KC

Hello,

So when I first picked up my truck I noticed how the parking brake wasn't working.  I checked out the bottom of the truck and everything is in place but the cables aren't hooked up to the drums. Today I took off the rotors but couldn't really figure out where the cable went. I can see the hole on the backing plate but where does it go on the brake? I'm not sure if all the right parts are there but after looking up diagrams I didn't see anytying for the brake. I'm probably missing something but any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, 77-620-KC said:

Hello,

So when I first picked up my truck I noticed how the parking brake wasn't working.  I checked out the bottom of the truck and everything is in place but the cables aren't hooked up to the drums. Today I took off the rotors but couldn't really figure out where the cable went. I can see the hole on the backing plate but where does it go on the brake? I'm not sure if all the right parts are there but after looking up diagrams I didn't see anytying for the brake. I'm probably missing something but any help would be appreciated.

I probably have the missing pieces you need.... I just converted to rear disks so I doubt I'll ever need the parts again.... I'll take some pictures in a little a send you a message....

... and upside down, but that would be obvious once you start looking or tried to put together. Brakes are the most important system on a vehicle. This includes the secondary or back up system of the emergency or parking brake. Every effort should be made to keep it in good working order. If you set the parking brake every time you stop you will never have a problem with rust or sticking. Excessive ratcheting of the parking brake is also a good indication that the shoes have worn down and need adjusting. If you have an '81.5 or newer build date truck you have auto adjusters so this won't apply.

The most common solution to a broken or seized Datsun parking brake....

Outdoor Essentials Faux Rock, Tan, X-Large: Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

After market parking brake...

Brick - Wikipedia

This is right up there with a bungee cord battery tie down.

2 hours ago, 77-620-KC said:

Yeah I think thats what my truck is missing, I'll take you up on your offer but it may be a little while, I'm looking for a job so I can fund this heep. Thanks

If you need them sooner than later just let me know.... 

I'd be happy to give the parts up for the cost of shipping if that would help you out.....

• Like 1