KF Vintage body panels

I'm just about to order rocker panels from KF Vintage and I guess they are really busy because I can't reach them by email or phone so I thought maybe one of you guys might know.

Are the outer rocker panels the same for a 2 door as a 4 door?

Thanks

https://kfvintagejdm.com/shop/datsun510/complete-outer-rocker-right-side-datsun-510/

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 5:43 PM, yenpit said:

I do not know why there would be a different OEM part #............??

Here is the reason, the two rockers are different, the 4 dr rocker has a stamped in recess where the base of the B pillar attaches, so the 4 dr rocker will work on a coupe but that recess will be visible unless you lay a piece of 20 ga sheet metal in the recess, weld it in and give it a skim of filler.

Luckily it won't affect me as I'm only using the bottom of the rocker.

The recess is hard to see so I ran a marker down the edge of both sides.

IMG_0819 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0820 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0822 (1024x768).jpg

The B pillar on a coupe is about 6" farther back than it is for a 4dr and as I was laying the rocker up against the car for measurement I noticed it and thought I had screwed up some how.  But as I said, I'm not using that part of the rocker anyway.

The only flaw I have noticed so far is the A pillar panel doesn't really fit the front of the rocker, it should fit like a glove over the front curve but I will have to cut it in half and weld in a a small section in.

It's not really a big deal as every aftermarket panel needs some massaging and all of the modified area of the A pillar panel will be covered by the lower rear corner of the front fender.