New Member Greeting and New Build

partytron69000

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally went through the glove box today. Had some interesting finds. There's lots more maintenance documentation in there that makes me 100% believe the odometer hasn't rolled over yet. Would be super cool to track down the original owner but I'm not having any luck online. 

Original sales sheet from dealer. Buyer traded in a 76 B210

gngL3wn.jpg

Choke instructions

heuNvAv.jpg

IW3ktio.jpg

aNTz2ut.jpg

The original typewriter prepared promissory note with the local bank in Arkansas who financed the truck is in there too. Everything is in perfect condition (for being in a glovebox for 40+ years). 

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

LOOOOONG overdue update for anyone who cares (sorry everyone, my ADHD kicks in sometimes and I forget about things that aren't right in front of my face 24/7).

The little king cab is still truckin' along great!  Did a major tune-up in August and replaced the entire ignition system from coil to spark plugs, all the filters everywhere, brake inspection/adjustment, changed the dino juice, and even recharged my FrigiKing underdash AC system and put some stop-leak in it (didn't work, ran out in about 3 days).

Also bought some Thai eBay parts and replaced my door seals and inner/outer window seals.  The door seals were a 10/10, the window seals are a 3/10 so I'll need to modify the clip location on those before I get to fully install them.

Ended up seeing how badly my exhaust was rusted when I was underneath doing maintenance, so being the hasty hotrodder I am, pulled out the sawzall and cut off my muffler.  If you've ever wondered what a L20b sounds like straight piped, imagine a mentally handicapped honey bee with a megaphone trying to buzz and scream at the same time.  That's about how good the straight pipe sounded.  So I took it down to the local side-of-the-road muffler shop and had them booger weld a generic glasspack on there.  It's an upgrade over stock if you like hearing exhaust, but the L20b needs a lot more help than a glasspack to sound cool.

Fast forward to September, and after thinking my starter went bad and push starting the truck down a hill, I realized I must be hitting the gym too hard, because I broke the ignition cylinder preventing only the starter motor from firing.  So of course I put a push start button and a hidden ignition switch for full race truck mode.

(hotwiring ignition to confirm I broke it)

MBQoM0J.jpg

(new pushy boy)

Zt1B1C6.jpg

Also, my bluetooth speaker shitbox radio system finally bit the dust, so I decided to "upgrade".  Yes, it's a bluetooth PA speaker.  Yes, the quality is terrible.  Yes, it's awesome.

6iEpZFw.jpg

Future plans for the truck are to take it fully under the knife once my workshop is done being built in Oct/Nov.  Coilover suspension swap all around, full powertrain swap (starting a new thread on this phase of the project), and interior.  Super excited about the truck's future!

• Like 4