My weber carb just dont fit 1984 nissan 720

Lzl 720

So i got a weber carb and its the right one i checked like thirty times and ive tried to make it line up every which way i could but 3/4 studs line up except for one every time it just seems to big but it is the right one so im just really confused ill post a picture in a min

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Did you get the adapter that comes with every Weber carb kit??

Has the engine or intake been swapped? Did this

Did this have a carburetor on it before? and did it run?

Maybe best to post a picture of your intake.

Yes its the original motor and yes it came with the adapter and yes it had a carb but the stud holes dont line up ill take picture now

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

The adapter fits your intake?????

and the carburetor won't fit the adapter? is that correct?

No the adapter wont fit the intake but after sum digging i found out like ten mins ago that the person who sold it to me said it was a 1984 nissan 720 with a z24 but upon further digging its a 1984 nissan 720 with a z20 so i think i found my issue could i put a z24 intake on the z20? Cuz the junkyard only wants like $20 for a z24 intake and if not what is the right weber carb i need cuz i cant find one for the z20

• Like 1

That makes more sense. Yes the Z24 intake will fit the Z20. You may notice that the Z24 intake runners are square with rounded corners and the Z20 head has just round ports. It will still fit and work. Use a Z24 gasket.

Z24 head top (upside down) Below is a Z20 head with the round ports.

MCUaJNk.jpg

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

That makes more sense. Yes the Z24 intake will fit the Z20. You may notice that the Z24 intake runners are square with rounded corners and the Z20 head has just round ports. It will still fit and work. Use a Z24 gasket.

Z24 head top (upside down) Below is a Z20 head with the round ports.

MCUaJNk.jpg

Thank you very much i will get the intake 

• Like 1

I have a Z20 that has the same manifold as a Z22.  For the Weber to fit this manifold it takes a 2 piece adapter and also the short rectangular air cleaner.

2 Piece Z20 Z22 Adapter for the Weber 32/36 or 38

Air cleaner for the Z20 Z22 with the 2 piece adapter

The Z24 manifold bolts up. 

Edited by Charlie69

I think the bolt pattern on the Z24 intake is wider apart on the two studs closest the valve cover side. I also believe the L series and the Z20 and Z22 all mount a similar size carburetor. When I tried to put a Z24 carburetor on an L series intake I had to oval two of the holes on it on the secondary side.

TcDFeaQ.jpg

3kE1et5.jpg

The barrels are 34/38 on the Z24 carburetor. The same on an L20B is 30/34. The Z20 is 32/34mm.

• Like 1