77 710 front brakes sos

77kermit

My 77 710 goon's front brake calipers are toast. I have been searching for new calipers for the past few weeks with no luck. I only have one other issue to fix after this so I can take Kermit out for the summer. Please if you have any ideas or even know where I could get a set of calipers let me know. Thanks and happy driving!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toast? If just leaking can you instead find a rebuild kit for them. Seriously it's two square edged O rings and a couple of dust boots with metal rings and a new bleeder screw. I would guess about $15 a side. It's not rocket science as long as the old ones are not rusted inside you just need to get them clean. Try Nissan? (I looked up the Nissan price and $33 so $15-$20 is about right for auto parts suppliers)  

I've tried ordering the calipers from every source I know. This includes Autozone, O'Reilly's, Rockauto, even Summit racing. Apparently new calipers do not exist for the 77 710. I was hoping to avoid rebuilding them but that seems to be my only option at this point. Thank you for the input.

• 11 months later...