521 sway bar

dans521

busy doing an engine and disc brake upgrade on my ute, ill be using kyb gasa just shocks but my ute has no sway bar, and living in new zealand 521 and even 620s are pretty rare i was wondering if there was another sway bar i could use?  someone is selling a cheap b310 sway bar and was wondering if that would work?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you can really do is measure how wide apart the lower control arm connections are and find something around the same width, but you also have another issue, mounting the sway bar to the frame rails, you need that hardware also.

I didn't have a sway bar on my 521 work truck for 15 years as it interfered with my power steering setup, I never even noticed it wasn't there.

6 hours ago, wayno said:

All you can really do is measure how wide apart the lower control arm connections are and find something around the same width, but you also have another issue, mounting the sway bar to the frame rails, you need that hardware also.

I didn't have a sway bar on my 521 work truck for 15 years as it interfered with my power steering setup, I never even noticed it wasn't there.

The guy said their is 1 meter between the to mounting points and that roughly lines up, also going to check a 620 sway bar from. A guy doing a vq37 swap on his 620

• Like 1
3 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

I puta bigger one on my 521

i think it was. Addco brand.

Notice any difference and have you got a rear sway bar? Or no pint would you say, I've removed a couple leaf springs and have put a flat deck on my ute, extremely rare ute in new Zealand for me so getting parts isn't easy

• Like 1