auto tranz

cgovia

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be sure measure the length. The '74 should be 31.5" long. If it is the good news is that any later 620 0r 280z/zx 4 or 5 speed will fit in there. May have to modify the tranny mount or flip the auto one 180?? That's the easy stuff, you still need a set of standard pedals, master, slave, flywheel, clutch and PP, release bearing and pilot bushing for the end of the crank shaft.

ummm mike..... he wanted to know if the auto trans would fit in place of his 4spd. not the other way around.

back to the question at hand, from what i have read it will but you would need EVERYTHING for the auto. lines, rad (not totally nessessary. you could run a trans cooler as an add on.), linkage, shifter, flywheel, torque converter, and possibly a pedal cluster. i dont know if you can just remove the clutch pedal or not. i know you can on a VW as the brake pedals are the same on rabbits 45 speed and autos.

You can see how I might be confused right???:o:D:lol::lol:

As dwnshifter says keep your rad and get a transmission cooler for a trailer towing package. Get a big one I dunno about $60. If you have the other rad and lines it's OK to use but still get the cooler. If you have ever cut an auto rad open there is just a copper pipe connecting the two lines inside the rad??? WTF how much cooler does that make it?? Biggest cause of auto failure is HEAT. Usually caused by towing. So get a cooler for a good investment in peace of mind and change that ATF every 3 years, I don't care what the book says. If the fluid is less than bright red ... change it right away.

I'm too lazy to search right now, but someone recently posted on converting from manual to automatic on a 520/521/620. Sorry, don't remember which model truck, but bet it would answer your questions.

Gee, Honolulu traffic suck? Who'd-a-thunk? Never ceased to amaze me how much traffic there was, with only a slight breathing spell between 2am-4:30am.

This haole miss da weather, but not the traffic. Aloha, brah.