69 510 arrowhead marker lights

So I just spent WAY too much money on a set of oem marker lights. I had a question, for those in the know. I can find the rubber gasket that protects the part on the outside, i.e. this gasket...eAchlam.jpg

However, I need the gasket that protects the back half. It's more oval. I dont have pics. But those who know, know! Thanks in advance..

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have these lights on my wagon.  As I recall, doesn't a metal piece slide in from the back, and a plastic nut hold the assembly together?  I don't recall a second gasket. 

I also bought new items when I did my wagon, and I'll see if I may have kept the old ones.   There's a good chance I didn't but I'll take a look tomorrow..

1 hour ago, Draker said:

Buy Chinese repops on eBay. Use the back half and gasket. Toss the rest in the trash.

I thought about that. And I even already have the cheap set that came with the car.. But I think the gasket sizes are different... which I may he able to figure something out..

44 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I have these lights on my wagon.  As I recall, doesn't a metal piece slide in from the back, and a plastic nut hold the assembly together?  I don't recall a second gasket. 

I also bought new items when I did my wagon, and I'll see if I may have kept the old ones.   There's a good chance I didn't but I'll take a look tomorrow..

There is a plastic nut I believe. But I dont know too much, except the pics I've seen show a gasket for the bulb cover, and a separate gasket for the bulb housing... 

YBcnuIT.jpg

Edited by 510revisited
20 minutes ago, 510revisited said:

Wait, did you just pull those out to take a picture for me? If so, right the fuck on!

yep!  And I’d put a rubber washer between the plastic nut and metal housing to keep the water out.

but if you can find the rubber then run your new stuff. I’m surprised it didn’t come with the gaskets though.

25 minutes ago, Draker said:

yep!  And I’d put a rubber washer between the plastic nut and metal housing to keep the water out.

but if you can find the rubber then run your new stuff. I’m surprised it didn’t come with the gaskets though.

I think one of them does. And the oem box too. Not sure though. We'll see. The one I received today is in awesome shape too. I'm surprised. Thanks for the help and advice 

7 minutes ago, 510revisited said:

I think one of them does. And the oem box too. Not sure though. We'll see. The one I received today is in awesome shape too. I'm surprised. Thanks for the help and advice 

no prob. Once you get your parts post what you still need here or in the classifieds. I’m sure someone has it.

The new set I bought came complete, and the gasket around the metal inside housing does not come off easily like the lens gasket, so I forgot that it had the gasket.

I checked through my parts shed and (unfortunately) I don't have my old running lights.  I usually don't throw anything away, so they just could be laying around somewhere. If I run across them, I'll let you know.  Hopefully, someone will have what you need.

20 hours ago, Draker said:

Use the metal back and the gasket together with the oem lens. 

So I got the right side setup in. And wouldn't ya know, the guy who sold it to me had your idea!!!  new back, old front. IN A OEM BOX... bastard. I shoulda payed more attention... oh well, live and learn. Looks good on the car though!!