strut identification

Richgearhead

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have done weeks of searching for an insert, nothing I found is short enough for my set up, I bought two inserts for my tubes but now I need a used tube so that I can extend my tube length fit my set up soooo  does anyone have a used tube that is 2" id that I can buy?  I'll need 8" of tube for each strut, thanks again for those who have given me input for my problem.

Richard 

You have 14 posts in this thread and 18 replies, 10 of those were mine. Are you not seeing the replies???

On 12/28/2019 at 10:50 AM, datzenmike said:

All Datsun struts are 2" OD. Try scrap metal for 2" ID pipe.

20 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Go to scrap metal or recycling yard. Tell them what you need and they'll cut you some.  Datsun strut tubes are 2" OUTER diameter and won't work

Datsun struts are 2 inch outer diameter. No one is going to cut up scrap struts and send them. Too much bother, too much shipping and wrong size.

Go to a scrap metal depot and look around for some 2 inch inner diameter pipe and have them cut you a couple of pieces to the size you want.