Brake light comes on under hard acceleration?

Madkaw

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all it's a 720 so there is no hard acceleration 😄

Check the brake master reservoirs. Some 720s have a floating sensor for low fluid. Acceleration with low fluid may turn it on

Make sure the hand brake is all the way off. Perhaps adjust the rear emergency brakes.

Both of the above are connected to the red light. There is also a pressure switch but this would not likely be involved accelerating.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

First of all it's a 720 so there is no hard acceleration 😄

Check the brake master reservoirs. Some 720s have a floating sensor for low fluid. Acceleration with low fluid may turn it on

Make sure the hand brake is all the way off. Perhaps adjust the rear emergency brakes.

Both of the above are connected to the red light. There is also a pressure switch but this would not likely be involved accelerating.

It’s a fresh rebuild, so it’s a hard acceleration —-for a 720-lol. Nice low end torque from the little booger. I didn’t expect much since I’ve never owned or driven one until now. Just happy it fires off every time and idles nice. You do have to slam he throttle to get any acceleration from the Weber. Probably only have 50 miles on the engine so no gear slamming yet -lol

I don't think there is a break in procedure for a Nissan cam. V8s rely on oil thrown off by the crank and why you are supposed to rev to 3K? for 20 min. Nissan has more than adequate forced oiling of their cams and rockers. As the cam has no idea how hard you are stepping on the gas you can drive as you like

• Like 1

Good call on the brake light Mike. MC was not low at all,  it just low enough that the bobber was setting off the light.

Driving it normally at this point. Plugs are cleaning up nicely, but look a bit lean . I’ll put more miles on it before I make the call on mixture . 

Wouldn’t need a break in period on a used cam . 

This is engines have a normal tick noise. Not loud at all, quite subtle . Never gets worse or better. I’m thinking solid lifter cam engine sound . 

• Like 1