Need help installing ei distributor

lerinmiller

Make sure the distributor has a good ground connection. Some have a separate ground wire and terminal. Also the little black box can be cleaned on the back side to make good(er) ground connection to the distributor body. Hope you kept the old ones... this may be all that wrong with them.

e1280.gif

mike

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can run the points coil, but use the resistor or it will overheat. Best to use the lower resistance EI one made for the matchbox dizzy. With EI open the plug gap to about 0.040". The higher output can easily jump more gap and this gives a physically longer spark. Widening the plug gap will put an added strain on the wires, cap and rotor, so if they are old they may not handle it.

You can run the points coil, but use the resistor or it will overheat. Best to use the lower resistance EI one made for the matchbox dizzy. With EI open the plug gap to about 0.040". The higher output can easily jump more gap and this gives a physically longer spark. Widening the plug gap will put an added strain on the wires, cap and rotor, so if they are old they may not handle it.

i have to hit a yard to get the proper coil which is why i was wondering about the rabbit coil. plugs are gapped to .042 according to the specs on olddatsuns.com. all the rest of the parts are new with the exception of 1 plug. it broke when i pulled it to check the spark.

I only have the control boxes themselves available... I doubt you dizzy is bad, give me $20 for the coil and 2 boxes and call it good.

i will definatley do that once i get some $$ together.