Brake Booster for 521

MK4A80

Is anybody running a brake booster, i did the disc brake conversion already. I did the beebani kit front and rear.

A regular booster wont work, it will need some kind of extension as the clutch slave cylinder will get in the way.

Looking for something similar to this setup in this link:

Anybody got parts numbers or car year makes and models that would work.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Fredy

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a 1973/74 Datsun 620 booster and a 1979 Datsun 620 master brake cylinder for front disc/rear drums in my 1971 Datsun 521 work truck, here is a photo of it installed, I have dual SUs in my truck, so it is very tight.

I used a modified mid 80s 720 pedestal.

Here is a look at it before I installed it.

What I did was cut the stock firewall mount flange off, then I stuck the end in a vise in the proper orientation and I then squeezed it flat on the sides till it was am oval hole that I could drill the holes in the mount flange I welded on it so I could mount it using the stock 521 brake mount studs on the inside of the pedestal, it's kinda a bitch to get them tight in there, but how often is one going to remove this part.

This setup has worked well for me for the last 2 years, I should have done this 20 years ago, but I was clueless back then.

This is what a stock pedestal looks like below, I drill the one end to mount the booster, and the end with the mount bolts/nuts gets cut off and modified to clear the clutch master and use the stock brake cylinder mount studs.

002.jpg

Edited by wayno
  • Like 2