L20B front pulley / balancer swap

superbee620

I’m swapping a l20b into a 1973 620 with L16 . My question is the water pump on the l20 had a clutch fan and would be up against radiator so I put the water pump off the l16 on it non clutch fan which will clear the radiator. But now my fan is hitting my front pulley / balancer . The L20 pulley is 3 grove about 3 or 4 inches long but my L16 pulley is only a 1in or so long which would work if it fits . So can you swap a L16 pulley/balancer onto a L20 or not? I found that the flywheels are different Thanks for the input.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only big difference in the flywheels is the 5 bolt to the crankshaft for the L16/18 and 6 bolt for the L20B.

L16 solid pulley will fit but the timing marks may be on the manifold side OR there is a single pointer on the timing cover and 5 or 6 notches on the pulley. The L20B has a single notch on the pulley and a toothed timing scale on the timing cover. What ever you have you can mix and match parts.