Compatable ST doors?

Angeldust720

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 720 doors are all the same. Electric window doors can only be used with electric windows. The inner skin is different as is the door card, though the outsides are the same. It may also have electric door locks.

Sure would be easier if you had the dash harness with all the plugs on it.

• Like 1

Mike is correct the ST electric doors inside skin is different then the non power doors, the outside of the doors are the same whether power or non power doors.

I have 2 sets of power doors and also 2 wiring harnesses for the doors.  Both harnesses are from 4x4 King Cabs as are the doors. One harness is for the TBI Z24I and one is for the carbureted Z24.

I also have 1985 ST parts truck with non power doors and a 1984 ST builder truck with power windows door locks and moon roof. I am in Tolleson AZ which is SW Phoenix.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Mike is correct the ST electric doors inside skin is different then the non power doors, the outside of the doors are the same whether power or non power doors.

I have 2 sets of power doors and also 2 wiring harnesses for the doors.  Both harnesses are from 4x4 King Cabs as are the doors. One harness is for the TBI Z24I and one is for the carbureted Z24.

I also have 1985 ST parts truck with non power doors and a 1984 ST builder truck with power windows door locks and moon roof. I am in Tolleson AZ which is SW Phoenix.

So if i get the wiring harness for the doors and the doors themselves, will they fit on the truck or are the power doors designed specifically for the ST?

• Like 1

I doubt the wiring is sitting there in the truck ready for the ST doors to be bolted on. You'll probably need the  ST cab wire harness. This will include the fuse box with the missing electric windows fuse, and allow you to work the passenger side window from the driver's side switches.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I doubt the wiring is sitting there in the truck ready for the ST doors to be bolted on. You'll probably need the  ST cab wire harness. This will include the fuse box with the missing electric windows fuse, and allow you to work the passenger side window from the driver's side switches.

If i take it to a car electrician in my town, do you think he can do it?

Also my truck has lots of fuses from other trucks so i think i have a fuse for power windows, also for a clock but the fusebox cover says clock in white, i doubt it has one since i think its base trim idk tho, thoughts?

• Like 1