Radio Removal

The Dude Ranch

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/26/2018 at 2:39 PM, The Dude Ranch said:

I have a 1981 720 extend cab truck. Radio is original. Powers up. But nothing comes out. Can someone tell me how to remove it. Its in there rock solid. Bruce

There is a small machine screw at the back and bottom of the radio, Nissan  builds the whole truck around that small screw.

You will have to do it one of two ways; 1) remove console if equipped, remove ashtray, remove all cab environment controls (heater, vent,fan,etc.) and if you stand on your head you might just be able to reach that machine screw. 2) remove dashboard from truck, turn upside down and it is easy to reach.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

^  You are correct in the "stand on your head" part!  LOL

2 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

^  You are correct in the "stand on your head" part!  LOL

Not restoring mine just making a driver out of it. Radio already out so when putting the new one in I just got a couple thin gauge pieces of metal about an inch wide and three inches long, drilled a whole to fit over the knob shafts, replaced knob nuts, hooked up radio, slid it in, bent metal tabs over and riveted to dashboard. Redneck style.

• Like 1