Engine Swap Advice needed - PLC110 180K Skyline Sedan (G18 to L18)

EgyDat

My original engine will not last, not sounding too good, and I know I will not be able to a complete rebuild as not all parts are a available, I need a complete cylinder head and its a rare thing to find for a G18. I would love to keep it but it will get a propper rebuild in a later stage.

Question: Would I need to modify anything on the engine mounts if I plane to swap my G18 for a L18 ?

Im trying to find an engine that would fit bolt on with the least mods possible. I know for a fact that the engine mounts are different on the G18 than a L18, different number of studs.

Any help is highly appreciated

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post pics of your current setup from a bunch of different angles. That might help guys get familiar with what you are facing. Most of us are in the U.S. and we didn't get that car or that engine, so we will be trying to help based only on what we can see.

Prince Motor Car Company engine made before during and after the merger with Nissan. OHC cross flow aluminum head, 1.8 liters and 100 HP. Not bad. Discontinued in '75. never heard of them, had to look it up.

Nothing is going to 'drop in', but if you get an L18 be sure to get a transmission with it. Any L series 4 speed even the S30/S31 Z car 5 speed will work

Post pics of your current setup from a bunch of different angles. That might help guys get familiar with what you are facing. Most of us are in the U.S. and we didn't get that car or that engine, so we will be trying to help based only on what we can see.

Thank you Lockleaf, will do.

Prince Motor Car Company engine mad before during and after the merger with Nissan. OHC cross flow aluminum head, 1.8 liters and 100 HP. Not bad. Discontinued in '75. never heard of them, had to look it up.

Nothing is going to 'drop in', but if you get an L18 be sure to get a transmission with it. Any L series 4 speed even the S30/S31 Z car 5 speed will work

The G18 being crossflow has a more balanced look to the engine bay.

The L18 isnt a crossflow and I might have a tight drivers side in the engine bay as its a LHD with the clutch master cyl. and brakes master and servo taking up some space already.

My 4 speed trans. Should fit the L18 bolt on, turns out its also used in the 620, came with a L18 and the same 4 speed.

Thanks DatzenMike

Well there is NET and GROSS hp measurements. One of my L20Bs ('76 710) said 110 while the later 620 was 93.

The L series lean to the right side 12 degrees from vertical to make room on the left for manifolds and North American LHD steering. The transmissions reflect this also.