510 under strut spacer

crazytimme

I am swapping nearly stock front struts with struts from an 81 200sx. the stock shocks were shortend 2 in (and moves around when strut is removed), and a 2 in spacer was made and placed under the strut. The struts are the same length.

Q: Was wondering if I should keep the spacer because of suspension geometry?

It might have been to take up the slack in the short spring.

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The RCA or bump steers do help. i've had them on 2 corollas and now my 510.

lowering a car w/o out these is hell to drive especially with a 510 cause of the weak steering box to begin with. try it with and w/o, the fun part is putting them in. u think ur cars gonna break in pieces but it just magically fits with some muscle and pls don't put them on on stock height vehicles.:lol:

when people call them bump steer spacers, it's a bit of a misnomer, since they do not alter bump steer, but they do alleviate the symptoms of excessive bump steer caused by lowering the front end

i prefer to call them roll center correction spacers, because they "push" the outer end of lca down 1," so that the angle of the lca is closer to how it was before lowering

i don't know who came up with the 1" thick standard, or to what degree an inch of lowering the control arm affects the handling, but it seems to be the norm for datsuns

Edited by Burabuda