Front suspension

guetto1

I have a '77 620 with a king pin front suspension and I am wanting to put a ball joint front end conversion in it. So far I have 2 upper A arms for the L&R side, 2 lower control arms for the L&R side and 2 spindles with knuckles for the L&R side. Can anybody let me know if I need to get any other parts for this project?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way more involved than just bolting the parts on, if it were that easy everyone would do it.

Either the upper arms have to be lengthened, or the lower arms have to be shortened, you should change out the lower control arm bushings to the balljoint bushings as they are wider, I don't know about the 620, but the 521 upper control arm mount bolts are smaller than the ball joint bolts, so the upper arms mount sloopy unless you add sleeves to the holes, and be prepared for them smaller bolts to break for no reason, as it happened to me several times, that is the main reason I would not suggest anyone do the mod the way you are trying to do it.

If your going to do it no matter what, that you need to drill and thread the upper mount bolts out to the 620 ball joint size bolts, at least they will not break on you like they did me, it really sucks when you hit the brakes and front end falls out from under you, and when you get out your front wheel is at a strange angle.