pre heat hose

nissan/datsan720

Anyone know of any decent preheater hoses (manifold to intake) for my 720? The ones they got in advance auto are crap.. Went to replace mine wich was deteriorating and luckly i caught it before any of those aluminum shreds got past the carb filter... Problem is i ended up havin to replace it with something just as shitty cause thats all the shop carried... (cleaned out the carb flter in the parkinglot) and this new one tore the next time i took it off to lift my carb cover... Any recommendations? Kinda wanna stop jerry riggin this one i have

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine cracks just bending it slight enough to put it back on... Litterally happened five minutes after i got it... But didnt wanna deal with the advanced auto again.. At least not on the shift when i got it.. So i just took the old one and am using it like aluminum foil.. Just figured there had to be a better solution.. Ill see what nissan has when i get time...

• Like 1

I too bought one of those things that feels slightly more durable than aluminum foil.  It was functional, but don't dare touch or even look at it or it will tear.

I believe what might be closest, is a Dorman 96130.  I suspect what I had on my truck was original but torn nearly in half when I purchased it.  Fortunately, the CA smog guy said it only had to be there, the fact that it was hanging on by threads was not an issue for his smog inspection :)

Dorman no longer makes it, so it seems.  They do show up on ebay from time to time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/96130-DORMAN-HVAC-CONTROL-DUCT-HOSE-/221428779458?hash=item338e2f09c2

• Like 1