Clutch collar questinos

I am having a problem with the throw-out bearing / collar / fork when I try to put the slave on the trans it wont fit. It is to the point that I have to back out the trans bolts to the motor to put the slave on and then tighten them back up but that seams to put presser on the  throw-out bearing. I have measured my collar and it is 52.5MM. I have found that there is 4 different lengths 42.5, 44.5 48.5 and 52.5 so should I go to the 44.5 as it shows to be for a 225mm clutch witch it what I have?

Is it true that the 52.5mm is for a 4 speed trans and the 

Next question is there and differences in slaves as far as the throw goes I know that the hose and bleeder is in difference places but that is okay in my application?  

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume its the same collar and you ordered the correct kit and the bearing looked same as the last one.

do you still have the orginal rod ?????????? maybe the new rod with the slave is slightly different size.  I alwasy use the orginal rod if I can. as many slaves on Datsuns will fit but they come with the hopefully the correct rod.  I stick with the adjustable 510 Forks and rods .

Did you loosen the bleed screw and make sure the plunger is fully depressed in there?

Thanks guys. The problem is that when I built the motor I also changed out the flywheel to an aluminium one and the trans from a 4 speed to a 5 speed. everything looked the same to my eyes but I do have the nickname Mr. Magoo. The slave looks like it is for a Z but that is okay as I don't run any torsion bars. Now it is 3 + years later and I don't have some of the old parts. Does any have 48.5mm collar?

I guess this is one of the 620s in your profile???

The clutch and the release collar are MATCHED and should never be separated. I can think of four 5 speeds that will bolt onto your engine and all will work with your collar.

What is the 5 speed out of???? Unless you took it out of an L20B 620 truck you shouldn't use the collar that was on it. It could be matched to almost any clutch. You should be able to use the original 4 speed collar that is matched to the old clutch.

datzenmike,

The problem is that when I built the motor I also changed out the flywheel to an aluminium one and the trans from a 4 speed to a 5 speed that I think came out of a Z don't what year. I replaced the clutch with a stage ll one. Yes this is for my 79 620 KC with the big bore stroker 2.3L.

As long as the flywheel used the same size diameter clutch as the 4 speed had (225mm) and as long as the new clutch was an exact replacement your 4 speed, you should use your 4 speed release collar. 

The transmission means nothing to the clutch and the release collar combination. The clutch and the collar must remain together as a set.