720 doesn't sit level in the back

Vinny720

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocks have less than zero effect on ride height.

There are several things that can affect this....

The truck has to be on level ground. Preferably the exact same spot every time it's measured.

Tires on the sunny side will be hotter. Pressure will be higher.

Gas tank has to be filled to the same amount to be a valid measurement.

Its hard to explain. It's not the tires and I know the gas tank has doesn't have a lot to do with it. Tire pressure is the same and gas tank is always full. When I drive it for a while the driver side is almost tucked and the passenger side has a good 2 1/4 inch gap. But if I bounce on it, it levels out. But what doesn't make sense is sometimes it's completely the other way around. Passenger side is about tucked and driver side has a big gap

If bouncing on it levels it out, something must be sticking. There aren't many moving parts down there so next time it sticks, get under there and inspect the shackles and bushings etc. Compare one side to the other then level it out and inspect it all again. Find the differences between the sides.

• Like 1

If the leaf springs were unbolted (probably not for adding a drop blocks) you have to have the truck sitting on it's wheels before tightening the front spring and shackle mounts. Same with the top bolt on the shocks. All rubber suspension parts should ony be tightened with the vehicle sitting on the wheels at normal ride height.