possible fuel pressure gauge locations for a weber 36/38

antiextreme

I would like to fit a fuel pressure gauge to my new Weber 36/38.  Saw a guy in another post that mounted his opposite the fuel inlet on the front, which is what I did (see picture).  I'm not getting any reading.  Is this not a good spot, or could the gauge be bad?  It is just a cheap Mr. Gasket.

0307161214_zpsyjcdznhk.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock pump 2.8 to 3.4 PSI output. Just right and fine on a new weber.

Take the gauge off and it probably needs drilling out so the fuel can reach the gauge. Shitty location, needs a fitting to tilt the gauge up. Gauge is kind of useless as you can't read it while driving. Like hainz says the stock pumps are fine and the gauge doesn't tell you much.

• Like 2

Is the stock pump going to supply about 3 pounds of pressure? The instructions that came with my Weber were pretty specific to try to keep pressure around that level.

I have run all my L series 4 cyl Weber's w/o a gauge or a regulator, this is over a 15 yr period.  BTW, there is no such thing as a 36/38 Weber carb, 32/36, 38/38 are good numbers.

• Like 1