whats it like out in cali?

Llittle_Llama

I just found this out.

Effective immediately, CAP Repair Assistance and Vehicle Retirement service contracts, as well as the Referee contract, have been reinstated. Today, October 6, 2008, services provided under the CAP contracts may resume. Consumers can contact CAP at (866) 272-9642.

The Referee Scheduling Center will be open on Wednesday, October 8, 2008, to begin scheduling appointments. Consumers can contact the Referee at (800) 622-7733.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am SO glad i live here in WA. all we have to do is do a smog check every 2 years. and thats only for cars 25 years old or newer. so 85 is still smogged but anything older is exempt. :D i just smogged my mercury today. it passed but the gas cap failed. the boss passed me though so i got my tabs. a whole whopping $47 for that and its a 90. my datsun was $47. i havent paid anything over $70 to reg a car since my ram earlier this year and that was only $90.

no vehicle inspection just taxes and reg. '75 and older no smog and reg is fairly inexpensive. Trucks are more because ALL trucks in CA are considered commercial. Sucks but if you think about it hard enough you can find the perks of commercial plates.

save california, when you leave take someone with you. :lol:

historic vehicle was that just an apllication and $$ from the DMV?

ive seen a few and if i didnt get to keep the blu/yellow plates i was gonna look into it.

2eDeYe;88695'']So now it's the cops word against nobodies :eek:

NOW??? its been that way since before i had my license.

unless your caught street racing, most dont want to look under the hood (unless its for their own curiosity)

99% of the time the car gets towed, then crushed anyways...

i think the CAP is for cars that require smog checks and fail. the state wants them off the road and will pay you a few dollars for it :blink: