Lowering Blocks Datsun 720

this is my datsun, i want to lower 4" with lowering blocks whats a cheaper easy way to get 4" lowering blocks, i live in australia aswell. i tried ebay but im not sure if these will fit a 1983 720? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-100mm-Nissan-Lowering-Blocks-Kit-Datsun-120Y-1000-1200-Sedan-Ute-Coupe-1970-79-/131458660436?hash=item1e9b8bf854:g:nr8AAOSwI-BWHZiS

12376418_828398570605057_339797185114377

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need do is buy a foot or so of boxed tubing cut in half for two. If you can't get 4X2 just double up 2X2 and tack together then weld the ends closed to add strength. Drill a hole in the bottoms for the leaf spring alignment bolt and another on the top for a small nut and bolt to align to the hole in the axle spring perch. If thick enough, use aluminum, lighter but needs special welder. Steel is stronger and easier to weld. U bolts can be bought or made.

Four inches is a long way to go and this only moves your truck under parts closer to being damaged or torn off by bottoming out on the pavement. Don't forget your truck will still bounce up and down the same amount on the same bumps at the same speed. I would suggest that the lower you go the stiffer you would want the suspension to be. Stiffer reduces suspension travel and as an added benefit it handles better also. Do you have 720 4x4s there? These rear leaves are flatter than the 2wd springs as well as stiffer. Another way is to add a leaf or leaves and have them all flattened or de-arched. But definitely stiffer.

pRect_metal.jpg

Ya, I bought those 4" blocks from Crown Suspension. I paid $40 usd delivered, and it took about an hour to install. I've done many lowering jobs, and these are the best ones to use. If you have no problem using Ebay down under, then I would go with the Crown blocks.

Cheers mate!

All you need do is buy a foot or so of boxed tubing cut in half for two. If you can't get 4X2 just double up 2X2 and tack together then weld the ends closed to add strength. Drill a hole in the bottoms for the leaf spring alignment bolt and another on the top for a small nut and bolt to align to the hole in the axle spring perch. If thick enough, use aluminum, lighter but needs special welder. Steel is stronger and easier to weld. U bolts can be bought or made.

Four inches is a long way to go and this only moves your truck under parts closer to being damaged or torn off by bottoming out on the pavement. Don't forget your truck will still bounce up and down the same amount on the same bumps at the same speed. I would suggest that the lower you go the stiffer you would want the suspension to be. Stiffer reduces suspension travel and as an added benefit it handles better also. Do you have 720 4x4s there? These rear leaves are flatter than the 2wd springs as well as stiffer. Another way is to add a leaf or leaves and have them all flattened or de-arched. But definitely stiffer.

pRect_metal.jpg

thanks for the tips, i just lowered the front now i just gotta get some blocks

10405241_828774090567505_828856936843481

10584044_828774113900836_264282330932836