My 85 720 sport truck

Beardenr

So a little about the truck. My wife's grandfather bought it new off the lot. I bought the truck from him about 7 years ago. He bought it back from me about 2 years later. Well last week he decided he could no longer drive a truck with a stick. So he gave it to me.

The truck is in good condition, of course the drivers seat is shot and it needs new carpet but mechanically it is in good condition. It has been garage kept since bought but it does show some signs of sun damage.

My questions are:

Has anyone had any luck finding the sunroof latch aftermarket?

Will a set of seats from a 99 frontier fit in the truck without modifying them. If not how bad is the mod to do.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sunroof was one of the ST (Sport Truck) options and usually if the truck had the sunroof it also had power windows and door locks. I would try the dealer for the handle.

Hear is a link to Nissan Parts Deal 85 720 sunroof page.

http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts-list/1985-nissan-720-pickup/sun-roof-parts.html?Filter=%281%3dK%2fCAB%3b2%3dZ24%3b3%3dST%3b4%3dF5%3b5%3dLONG%3b6%3d2WD%3b7%3dCAL%29

It has all the options.

I got the radiator in. Went to the local salvage yard and found the latch for the sunroof.

The truck I pulled from had a mint condition dash as well as door panels( well drivers side was missing the arm rest). It also had the gauge cluster left. Their asking 260 for all and I'm contemplating buying it just to have extras if needed. Or possibly hoard it until I find a buyer or need.

Now I have to tackle my speedo. It bounces up to about 30 then levels out.

• Like 1

Speedo bounce. The inner cable is just a fine very flexible tightly wound coil of wire. If it rubs the outer sheath it can catch momentarily (if rusty, kinked or damaged) and being a spring it will keep turning and storing energy until it releases suddenly and the speedo jumps.

Check externally for tight kinks or damage. I've had a hole in the sheath that let water in that froze in the winter and the inner cable twists in half. Every winter the speedometer stopped working. If the outer sheath is damaged the best thing is to just replace it. If the sheath looks ok you can undo the transmission end by first loosening the large nut with vice grips and unscrewing. This exposes the inner cable that can be pulled out from the dash direction. Have a care as it is very flexible and slippery to hold so have something to lay it on like a cloth. Likely the cable need lubrication. Get a graphite or molybdenum disulphide based grease or powder and lube liberally. If the cable is frayed or visually damaged... replace the whole thing.

• Like 1

You asked about the frontier seats,i do not know if they fit,this is what i do know,ive read many topics on what seats will fit the 720, the vast majority say 96 or newer Isuzu Rodeo are a direct fit.I pulled 2 beautiful seats out of a 97 Rodeo.First thing i noticed when i brought them home sitting on the floor the seats leaned inward,the outside slider is about 3/4 of an in. higher than the inside slider.Pulled the bench seat out and preped for the install,set the seats in the truck, the front brackets are very close to being correct,the seats are still leaning inward,the rear bracket was about an 1 1/2 to short i had to completly Mod these seats to make them fit ,use spacers to level the seats and drill new holes at the back.Now they are installed i am very happy with the seats,well worth the time

• Like 1