85 720 h.I.d. headlight conversion issues.

450rman

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell us more. Got a picture? Is it a real conversion? with ballast and HID lamps? or just replacement lamps?

Is this a $59.99 Chinese conversion? There are lots of shit replacement lamps that say HID (like) on them and are just blue color.

Re read the instructions carefully. Rectangular headlamps are differently wired than the older round style.

You will likely need a good solid ground.

• Like 1

i cant figure out how to upload pics but they are rectangle headlights, just like what was on the truck, h4 i believe.  they are not sealed, you have to insert the light into the back of the housing and lock it in. the pigtail goes into a ballast and has another pigtail that just plugs right into the 3 prong plug on the truck.

• Like 1

5K will be way brighter unless going for that faint mauve color.

It's the way of the world these days but HID actually need special lamps to hold the bulb. Converting to HID bulbs only just blinds oncoming traffic. Everyone does it so I guess it's now the norm. Those might be OK... you need the projector style with the cut off line.

240287d1332350832-so-are-there-also-prop

Are they for Hi or Low beam?

• Like 1

Rectangular headlamps are differently wired than the older round style.

I know the round 3 wire are different than the rectangle 3 wire... at least on a 720 they are.

720 wiring...

Red.Black is the power to the right side lamps. 12 volts when headlight switch is ON

Re/Blue is the power to the left side lamps. 12 volts when headlight switch is ON

The dimmer switch grounds the Red/Yellow for Low beams OR grounds the Red for High beams.

• Like 1