KA distributor with no computer

Farmer Joe

so how would one go about getting a KA distributor to work without a ECU? 

any way around this? 

ive got a OBD2 dist from my frontier engine, and im pretty sure i have an OBD0 dist from a 93 single cam KA. i looked at the s13 single cam dist also, and it seems like it could be an option.

just spit ballin right now, but i want to update from the matchbox to the optical trigger dist in the KA, but keep the carb and no computer. 

lemme know what yall think..

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess what mean to say is, what does the KA distributor require to work in the stock app? is it similar to the matchbox, but with an optical trigger setup?

does anyone know what wires on the plug do what? i guess i need to be specific on what distributor im using... the one thats readily on hand is the unit from my frontier engine. its a 2000 so its obd2.. 

off to find wiring diagrams...

It's a disc with 360 marks and 4 register marks at 90 degree intervals around the outside. I believe there is a light and a photo diode that 'reads the marks and sends this signal to the ECU which decodes it and locates the crankshaft precisely. With inputs from all the other sensors it generates a firing solution with correct advance and fires the coil. Without the computer there is no way to use it.