L16 Exhaust

Orange620

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know why but i've had the best luck removing those pollution tubes. out of say 12 i've only had to drill and tap one hole. the drill bit and tap was less than $5. i cant stand to see people crimp or curl the pipes. i've done it on and off the car/truck. if you want to remove them cut the pipes off close to the head and soak them with some wd-40 or pb blaster then use a 6 point socket "dont use a wrench" and work it back and forth until they come out. as far as plugging the holes with bolts vw lug bolts and oil pan bolts have the right threads.

here is a pic of what the vw/audi audi bolts with fixed washers 14x1.5 i believe.

l16paul.jpg

I just weld the holes up that way nobody never knows the difference. Oh btw not all L20 have round ports I already went through this square port manifold can be used on a round port head but a round port manifold cannot be used on a square port head. Btw oi have a welded up manifold with down tube if ya need one.

I just weld the holes up that way nobody never knows the difference. Oh btw not all L20 have round ports I already went through this square port manifold can be used on a round port head but a round port manifold cannot be used on a square port head. Btw oi have a welded up manifold with down tube if ya need one.

thats funny i just read a post earlier that said you like all new clean looking fasteners.:blink:

oh to answer your question. the l20b has round exhaust posts and the l16 has square ports. so you can use that manifold but you will be putting a l16 square port manifold on a l20b round port head. it will work but many people frown upon it.

The truck W-58 heads from '78 on were round port. The L20B U-67 up to '78 were square. The '79 200sx used th round pory W-58 also.