DATSUN 620 CHINOOK

MIKEYFTW

Anybody know where I can source a Y down pipe for after the exhaust manifold.

This leaky exhaust has been fixed multiple times… always spits the nut off the bolt. The Y pipe isn’t sitting correctly causing leaks. I need a new down pipe and was wondering if I can get anything new?

Will those d21 headers fit on a ka swapped 620?

14F5FDE8-1754-439D-940F-9D2AA964F661.jpeg

D40DA5A0-CD2A-4FF7-BB45-D78270FE851A.jpeg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Dusten said:

Buy a flange off a guy on FB.  Have an exhaust shop fab up the pipe.  That's what I did.  

Thanks that’s exactly what I needed. I will try emailing him. I don’t have Facebook access, I tried logging back on and it never let me. I’m missing out on a lot of Facebook marketplace deals. 

14 hours ago, Dusten said:

Dan heil

Dan is the man! Just PayPal’d him and he already had what I was looking for and is on the way to post office. I’m excited to finally have my truck exhaust leak free I might go all out and add a cheap aftermarket cat just to finally get rid of all the exhaust smells I’ve grown use to.  Thanks Dusten 

• Like 1

A cat won't get rid of smells which are exhaust pipe or gasket leaks. Make sure the system is air tight and the pipe exit is at least behind the rear axle, preferably the rear bumper.

Be sure block vent hose is connected to the PCV valve and the valve cover vent hose to the air filter or engine fumes will escape into the engine compartment and from there into the cab.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

A cat won't get rid of smells which are exhaust pipe or gasket leaks. Make sure the system is air tight and the pipe exit is at least behind the rear axle, preferably the rear bumper.

Be sure block vent hose is connected to the PCV valve and the valve cover vent hose to the air filter or engine fumes will escape into the engine compartment and from there into the cab.

thanks I’ll double check those. I’m planning on cleaning engine Bay Area and refreshing all the hoses I can. Gonna bump this thread up with more pics. It’s fun looking back on this project and seeing pics of when I just got it. 

I put a hi flow cat converter on my KA24DE. Since it was de-smogged it really stunk and I had the AFR tuned in perfectly with the Megasquirt ECU on the computer, so it was not running rich.

My wife would not ride in it.

It's probably 70% better now smell wise (and I dont get hose nasty looks from other drivers. I honestly cant tell any difference in performance or sound either....

It was not cheap, but it sure helped in my case - it was a lot cheaper when I bought in in 2022

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-81802

• Like 2