Build Bloopers let's see if you can top this...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a buddy break his nose working on my S12.

I was driving like a dickhead (like any other 19yo) and i went to drift this corner, (bottom of Holcomb in oregon city) and did everyrhing wrong. Started slid8ng toward guard rails, and my left front wheel was perpendicular to the curb, and hit the start of the curb and Ibasically did a nose grind on the curb with the front of the S12. Drove it home with broken left front suspension, tire with 70° positive camber lol. Next morning, found an s12 at pick n pill vancouver. Got all the suspension and headed home. Started to assemble it on my s12, and my buddy started to pry on something pulling the prybar straight towards his face. He was pulling so hard he was shaking, it slipped and instantly broke his nose, blood everywhere. He laid there for a good 5 min before we took his dumbass to the hospital

• Like 1

I just had to get a new core in my radiator. $317 for that bolt coming off. Anyways. The biggest mistake I did was taking off my fly wheel to get machined. The torque on the bolts are 101? I think. So I had the engine out and went to take the bolts off with a breaker bar. I had tried to wedge a steel bar I had between the gears and the block but it wouldn't hold. So I put the engine back in and bolted the supports. I used a large 1/2" square steel bar and jammed it between the ground and the flywheel teeth. I ended up scratching my hand up really bad and braking my impact socket. It took an Impact gun 20 secs to just break the bolts free.

• Like 1

I had a buddy break his nose working on my S12.

I was driving like a dickhead (like any other 19yo) and i went to drift this corner, (bottom of Holcomb in oregon city) and did everyrhing wrong. Started slid8ng toward guard rails, and my left front wheel was perpendicular to the curb, and hit the start of the curb and Ibasically did a nose grind on the curb with the front of the S12. Drove it home with broken left front suspension, tire with 70° positive camber lol. Next morning, found an s12 at pick n pill vancouver. Got all the suspension and headed home. Started to assemble it on my s12, and my buddy started to pry on something pulling the prybar straight towards his face. He was pulling so hard he was shaking, it slipped and instantly broke his nose, blood everywhere. He laid there for a good 5 min before we took his dumbass to the hospital

Lmao! Your friend sounds like one of those "idiots" I've heard about.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont have pictures but apparently I left a wrench under the hood and started my 720 after I dropped my new crate z20 in. Next day I went to start it to take it for a drive and it wouldnt start. First learned rtv for a intake gasket is a no go. Atleast not a thick glob of it like how you do differentials. Filled my 3 and 4 cylinders with antifreeze and burnd lots of coolant. Make sense as to why it was blowing smoke like a smoke stack when I first started it. My dad was cranking it over by hand with 4 sparkplugs out on one side to find which cylinders had coolant in them. Well as he turned it over the whole truck Hawked a nice green loogie a good 6 or 7ft into the pathfinders windshield. Probably one of the most interesting sounds iv ever heard a car make. And well both of our reactions were Hilarious. So much coolant came out it looked like he just threw a handfull green water out from under my hood. Back to the wrench I left under the hood well it fell down onto a coil wire which met with the wires for the distributor and melted my brand new coil wires I got along with the rest of the new spark plugs.