My 720 workhorse 80kc

harlow426@mail.com

Put a pint of marvel mystery oil in it and run it until next oil change.  cleans out the sludge.

Good idea.......engine spotless inside crankcase/valve chamber. I am ridiculously anal about dirt/grime, super frequent oil/filter, contaminates inside motor. Fresh gas in truck now....drained tank.  By the time I put her thru a 'normal' drive cycle should have all the crap burned off in combustion chambers.....need to drop a bottle of Chevron techroline in tank. Marvel good stuff. Cut it 50/50 with atf..good 4 lubing frozen engines/resurrecting ones sitting(fill spark holes till full).

• Like 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene Knight has problems with his L18 with bad gas.  Hes lets it sit for months and then starts it when he revs it is when the rocker will come apart.  The trick is do not rev it with old gas or you will be putting it back together.  The shit we buy as gasoline is more additives than gas.

• Like 2

Gene Knight has problems with his L18 with bad gas.  Hes lets it sit for months and then starts it when he revs it is when the rocker will come apart.  The trick is do not rev it with old gas or you will be putting it back together.  The shit we buy as gasoline is more additives than gas.

my rocker tossed again....this time the lash cap is mia. easiest way to fish it outta the oil pan? can I rob one off of a z20 head?

• Like 1

Bad news. Pulled valve cover....kicked off # intake valve spring keepers/spring. Valve partially open and seems stuck. Most likely bent.... hope piston only 'dented'. Have 2 tear down......

Anybody have a running L-motor longblock 4 sale cheap? Have $100 in hand(rent money)......have all tools/prefer 2 pull myself.

Have a Hobart gas powered welder possible trade. >200miles from Eugene please.

• Like 1