New 2015 Datsun Resolutions. What are YOURS??!!!

^

^

&

^

Thanks, guys. Eventually, I was gonna post/look up the issue here on Forums, but since the opportunity came up, I'd thought I'd ask.

I'll resolve to perform those things just advised.

The reason I thought it was the choke as well is because there's the strong smell of gas MIXED with the oil. But, either way, I know I definitely have to replace the head gasket and even perhaps rebuild the head- which would be the most practical thing for me to do since I like all things original (to the car), as much as possible.

I've done head jobs before, especially with my 'ol pops. We did the 78 Z, and recently I did my own 22R, with his slight guidance with the main issues- TDC, torque, etc. So, any help coming from here will definitely be treasured as well!

Thanks, guys!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Hobo, what exactly are the symptoms of this?

Is it TOO MUCH WHITE SMOKE coming out the tail pipe, and perhaps the engine overheating? I have exactly this happening with my 510 (here in SoCal) after it was driving totally fine. I just haven't had the time and $ to look at it but I got a feeling it MAY be the choke, too!

I was having running issues mostly, she didn't want to stay on. I have a 38/38 on an l16 which is too much carb for the motor to begin with. When I had the gathering at my place we cranked her and it was either Dave or Eric told me to unplug the wire I had going to the choke to see if that fixed it when she started flubbing about and it did.

610: body work and paint

Hydro hand brake

Redo floors

Possible cage

Possible swap if the stars align

620: flares

15x10s

Moar low

Nice... Any time frame in either A. Begining work, or B. Accomplishing all work, perhaps??   :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I was having running issues mostly, she didn't want to stay on. I have a 38/38 on an l16 which is too much carb for the motor to begin with. When I had the gathering at my place we cranked her and it was either Dave or Eric told me to unplug the wire I had going to the choke to see if that fixed it when she started flubbing about and it did.

Got it. Ok... Well also, I just thought about this: I suppose if we both had the same issue; what would explain my overheating? They´re def. not really related ussues, I suppose. UNLESS, I had a radiator issue happening at the same time, amonst who know how many other yet unknown issues!  :rofl:

Got it. Ok... Well also, I just thought about this: I suppose if we both had the same issue; what would explain my overheating? They´re def. not really related ussues, I suppose. UNLESS, I had a radiator issue happening at the same time, amonst who know how many other yet unknown issues! :rofl:

shit I'd look into your coolant system. Currently I do not have an overheating issue. And I drove her around so she could stretch her legs. Need to get fuel tank remounted and change the spark plugs And she'll be good for trips around town. Then it's rear diff time and look into the oil leaks I think

shit I'd look into your coolant system. Currently I do not have an overheating issue. And I drove her around so she could stretch her legs. Need to get fuel tank remounted and change the spark plugs And she'll be good for trips around town. Then it's rear diff time and look into the oil leaks I think

Indeed. A check up in a couple of days will be done... Thanks, Hob.

Nonsense!Coming from me who has overjetted Mikuni 44s on an L16. Fixing that soon.

How so, Shacks? Pls explain/expand... ☺️

• Like 1

The speed my budget and schedule allows my goals for the B210 in 2015 are:

Finally finish building (and install) my 280zx struts

1 to 2" lowering blocks in the rear 

rebuild the rest of the suspension (new rubber/urethane bits)

Junkyard seats if I find something I like

fix rust/body work as I find time.

and save money and accumulate parts for a KA swap.

• 1 month later...

Update: Well, so far I've signed up for a Motorcycle Course to get my M class DL, after having a permit for about 2 years. And, Datsun related- hopefully soon I'll be able to check and change the L16 head gasket due to some available funds! :thumbup: