My 720 z22 turbo build (Pic Heavy)

82turbo720

The carb is mostly hangar 18 mods but i wanted to make it work with out drilling pvcrs or iab's any of that stuff so if i ever wanted to use the carb n/a i could the adapter i used is this one http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-1937?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKEAjwycaqBRCSorjE7ZewsmUSJABWzM54wcb35VyF37bg9TyxPnL5pPiwOeU9DbnQIRqjzAAJwRoCcnzw_wcB You can get this adapter from napa/ oreilly's most all parts stores!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a few new videos to upload to my youtube will post on here once i get a chance to! Trucks running really well on 18psi with a gas/ethanol blend of fuel lots of timing got a ls3 240sx by a length and a half on the highway truck scary fast for a 82 Datsun with stock brakes and stock suspension and a smoked brake booster thanks to the new turbo thats way to close to it! 

Anyone know of a company that sells a COMPLETE Urethane busing kit for a 720? Rather get a kit and replace it all at once!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a few new videos to upload to my youtube will post on here once i get a chance to! Trucks running really well on 18psi with a gas/ethanol blend of fuel lots of timing got a ls3 240sx by a length and a half on the highway truck scary fast for a 82 Datsun with stock brakes and stock suspension and a smoked brake booster thanks to the new turbo thats way to close to it! 

Anyone know of a company that sells a COMPLETE Urethane busing kit for a 720? Rather get a kit and replace it all at once!

Your priorities should be a brake up grade to later Z24 truck or better yet the D-21 Hardbody vented rotors and larger calipers. The stock brakes were poor 30 years ago and even dodgier without the booster.

Forget urethane or poly, get rubber. Better in every way.

• 2 months later...

Alright so made it to drag races last month ran a 1.83 60 ft time but my 1/8th was complete trash trans doesn't like to shift into second when making power so dont know where to go from here as far as trans goes may look into the hydraulics maybe needs bleeding or something all has been replaced master, slave, clutch. As my luck goes my second pass I line it up wont go into second finally get in 2nd truck pulls hard falls on its face wasn't making any boost come to find out i melted the waste-gate diaphragm annoyed at this point i pull the wastegate back and wire it shut i know  :confused:  why would i do this!! So i line up for my last pass decided i will launch it in 2nd gear this time and avoid my 1st to 2nd debacle truck made 25lbs of boost flew like a bat out of hell felt really good went into 3rd went slightly lean about 15.2 afr melted rings lands on 2 and 4 brought it home tore it apart bought new pistons AGAIN had the block checked out re honed machinist says to open up my ring gaps so i have done according to his match .0017 on top ring .0018 on second ring much larger than stock gap purchased arp head studs (ive put about 6-7 head gaskets on this truck) ka24e turbo manifold ported the exhaust side of the head for it and ported the manifold they didn't sell the manifold with a t28 flange only t3 so i have to use an ugly adapter but i prefer to keep the turbo as far away from the head as possible im assuming the heat is really doing a number on the exhaust side head bolts seeings how 3 of the 5 broke on the exhaust side on removal the turbo is much further from the head so i think there will be benefits all the way around!  

Long story short if you plan on boosting a z22/24 either run lower boost level 6-7 psi for a daily maybe 10psi for a weekend warrior unless you have a better than average wallet thickness hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes seeings how there all posted here pics to come soon! truck will be completely assembled tomorrow and driving again one thing i will say about these engines is they have a damn bullet proof bottom end never has this engine knocked All my problems come from the top end! 

Pic is day before races CLEAN%20DAT.jpg

• Like 1