620 Advice?

RATX5

As I've come to realize most of the 620's in North America are located in the North west bit of the U.S.A. Unfortunately for me, I'm stuck in central Nebraska, thus leaving me a bit giddy when I find one that is for sale relatively close to me (under 500 miles away.) Just kind of wanted to get opinions on whether or not it would be worth it to buy this 620. 

http://topeka.craigslist.org/cto/4669657996.html

00t0t_8RRY8K6yMFN_600x450.jpg

01010_9Ncg7XV7TV0_600x450.jpg

01515_6YS6QISGS4J_600x450.jpg

00s0s_2QPbPxmwdH7_600x450.jpg

00R0R_8Rd3xB9ApjV_600x450.jpg

00w0w_dxLs0HA4MQE_600x450.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the floors and make sure they are complete. Looks like you would need a new bed, seats and a dash cap. Not a bad looking truck otherwise. $800 is a lot for "(runs good,NEED IT GONE)" but you are far from the land of plenty.

Looks ok but sounds like it needs some engine attention just to get it running daily. Go over with $500 cash and offer $400. If he says no, say thank you and walk back to your car slowly. He will either say one of two things ... Wait, I will take $400 or Hang on a minute, what about $600. If it's the latter pull the $500 out and say this is all I brought. He will take it. Try for the $400 though. 

Spews steam when warmed up.... blown head gasket. Easy fix though.

Looks ok but sounds like it needs some engine attention just to get it running daily. Go over with $500 cash and offer $400. If he says no, say thank you and walk back to your car slowly. He will either say one of two things ... Wait, I will take $400 or Hang on a minute, what about $600. If it's the latter pull the $500 out and say this is all I brought. He will take it. Try for the $400 though. 

This works. Drive it somewhere and swap in the new gasket and drive it home.